Jonathan Pilcher has significant experience advising on international tax structuring, complex UK corporation tax issues and cross border restructuring. Jonathan has a wealth of experience advising multinational groups and Private Equity funds on complex international tax issues including legislative changes arising as part of the BEPS initiative.
Jonathan has worked with other jurisdictions comparing the tax attributes of a number of holding company and intellectual property regimes through which he has developed an understanding of the factors which influence the attractiveness of a tax regime and the characteristics of the tax regimes of a number of key jurisdictions.
Jonathan has assisted large corporates on significant cross border transactions including divestment of subsidiaries to both existing shareholders and third parties.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Jonathan spent six years providing international tax advice at EY and a further three years working with mid-size businesses at Grant Thornton.
- Assisting a US headed hotel group with the spin-off of their real estate into a publicly held REIT.
- Advising multiple groups on the impact of implementation of BEPS initiatives.
- Assisting a global activewear brand with divesting a number of their brands.
- Restructuring Asset Management firms investments to mitigate the impact of global tax changes.
- Advising lenders on contingency planning in respect of lending to a hospitality group.
- Resolving double taxation through Mutual Agreement Procedures with India, Ireland and the US.