Jorge Carrasco is a Blockchain and Web3 expert and enthusiast with more than 15 years of experience building and developing lines of business related to emerging technologies. Mr. Carrasco supports clients in developing strategies for enterprise blockchain implementation across multiple sectors and has supported nationwide consortium implementations.
Mr. Carrasco played a key role in some of the leading enterprise blockchain projects in the Middle East region, creating consortiums in the financial, education and retail industries from the ground up. He has a deep understanding of the goals, challenges and technical nuances corporate and government entities face and can translate them into innovative solutions that leverage the unique properties of blockchain technology and smart contracts. He advises clients from multinational enterprises to start-ups on their value proposition and product-market fit in the Middle East region.
As a prominent member of the Middle East blockchain industry, Mr. Carrasco is involved with numerous organizations, events and endeavors across blockchain, NFT and Web3.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Carrasco was Director of Emerging Technologies at e&, formerly Etisalat, where he designed and implemented innovative solutions in fields such as blockchain, robotics, 5G, digital twins and the metaverse for enterprise customers in the private and public sector, acquiring vast experience on driving business in the Middle East. He has also held senior roles at Fon, Telefonica and Ericsson.
With strong technical background and previous work with a wide range of technologies, Mr. Carrasco’s depth of expertise provides clients with innovative and actionable insights and guidance while implementing emerging technologies, particularly blockchain.
- Developed blockchain implementation practices for customers across numerous sectors, such as banking, retail, insurance, healthcare, education and real estate across the Middle East
- Worked on the creation, coordination and governance of the largest enterprise blockchain consortium in the United Arab Emirates, participating across numerous consortium tracks and supporting discussions with the regulator
- Developed the value proposition for a country-wide digital credentials solution based on blockchain, obtaining ministerial buy-in and adoption by the involved entities
- Worked closely with developers and stakeholders on a global supply chain solution based on blockchain, involving private and public entities across several countries
- Designed a solution for currency exchanges to streamline funds transfers across different countries using blockchain
- Developed bespoke transaction-based business models for new use cases enabled by blockchain technology