Lars Fich is a part of the EMEA Financial Crime team and leads the Financial Crime team in the Danish market and has extensive experience of managing complex global-scale projects and organisations. He has more than 15 years’ experience in the Banking industry, hereof eight years within Financial Crime prevention & detection.
Lars specialises in advising organisations on the path to compliance, supporting in the development of capabilities to prevent and detect financial crime and in reviewing levels of organisational maturity and assessing current states. His firm view is that leadership and ownership are both key factors which enable organisations to succeed when implementing the appropriate anti-financial crime frameworks, processes, controls and governance structures. As a result of this, his teams work in close collaboration with both the client and relevant local and global FTI Consulting experts to ensure effective and efficient achievement of project objectives.
Lars is an expert in developing and running projects to meet the expectations of regulators and the priorities of the client. He complements more traditional methods by utilising data and statistics to ensure precise planning and to accurately assess the resulting impact on organisational change, thereby providing maximum benefit to the client.
Lars has worked as a Global Head of client onboarding and AML officer in a Global investment Bank. Through this role Lars was responsible for overseeing the design and implementation of a client risk framework, led the AML remediation programme and oversaw the upskilling, outsourcing and governance of client matters on a global scale.
- Supported and led organisations through FSA inspections & investigations
- Delivery of several large local and global compliance remediation programmes
- Established AML operations centres locally in Denmark and in near- and off-shore locations
- Established financial crime frameworks and governance within both retail and the investment bank segment
- Delivered maturity assessment analysis and programme plans
- Designed and implemented financial crime governance in a global investment bank