Manet Basson’s experience spans various jurisdictions across the world including United Kingdom, UAE, USA, and most Southern African countries with her areas of expertise including customer remediation, EDD reviews and remediation projects, conducting money laundering investigations and assisting internal audit in AML/CFT audits.
Mrs. Basson’s past roles includes work at KPMG Forensic (South Africa) Barclays Africa and Absa Corporate Investment Bank where she managed approximately 12 countries on the African continent as the first line of defense, advising on financial crime matters.
- 16+ years of experience in Financial Regulation and Anti-Money Laundering
- Broad skillset in helping clients with financial crime compliance monitoring, independent monitoring and assurance, business risk assessment, drafting of policies and frameworks, policy and standards reviews and customer risk rating analysis
- Deep industry expertise in designing and implementing customer risk scoring frameworks, compiling and drafting AML policies and minimum standard for the financial services industry as well as conducting assessment and rule tuning of sanction screening and transaction monitoring solutions
- Co-author with Prof Louis de Koker et al: Money Laundering and Terror Financing 2018 publication issued by Butterworths LexisNexis
- Co-author with Prof Louis de Koker et al: Money Laundering and Terror Financing: Law and Compliance in South Africa 2019 publication issued by Butterworths LexisNexis
- Co-author with Prof Louis de Koker et al - Money Laundering and Terror Financing: Law and Compliance in SA 2020 publications issued by Butterworths LexisNexis