Michael Ryan has over 30 years’ experience working on a wide range of high profile and complex corporate assignments in Australia and overseas, and has particular expertise in the mining and resource industries.
Michael has acted for companies, secured lenders and major shareholders in an advisory capacity as well as taking personal appointments as administrator, receiver and legal representative.
Michael’s approach is to seek to maximise value from the assets for the benefit of stakeholders by working through a crisis to a sustainable position. Michael brings a wealth of experience from various jurisdictions/legal systems and across a variety of commodity types and capital structures.
Michael’s extensive international experience includes appointments as administrator of Australian companies with operations in offshore jurisdictions including Indonesia, Botswana, New Zealand, Chile and Papua New Guinea. He has also led negotiations with stakeholders in numerous jurisdictions including the United Kingdom, Germany, the United States, China, Hong Kong, the Democratic Republic of Congo, South Africa and Namibia.
- Gascoyne Resources - Administrator of ASX listed trading gold mine, ongoing.
- AIM listed with copper mine in Namibia - adviser to PE lender included monitoring ongoing trading.
- ASX listed with copper mine in DRC - Chief Restructuring Consultant, arranged significant standstill agreements with creditors and banks in DRC.
- ASX listed with underground gold mine in Sumatra - Administrator of developed new open cut mine, raised new equity, company resumed trading on ASX.
- ASX listed with gold mine in Thailand and silver project in Chile - adviser to the board, monitored cashflow; reported to secured lender; assisted with settlement of an international arbitration/political risk insurance claim; and resumed trading on ASX.
- Kagara Limited - Administrator of ASX listed based metals miner. Sale of mining projects. Approved appointment of new board to 72% owned subsidiary and sale of investment via a market takeover.