Adam Broadbent is a Managing Director in FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice in Manchester, with more than 15 years of transactions and restructuring experience acting for senior lenders, corporates and private equity investors in stressed and distressed situations.
Adam rejoined FTI Consulting in January 2024 to support the growth of the Manchester office, having previously been part of the London team between 2012 and 2021. Adam also spent more than eight years at KPMG, where he was responsible for rebuilding the special situations practice following the sale of its restructuring and insolvency business to Interpath in May 2021.
Adam works collaboratively with clients and their stakeholders during challenging times providing restructuring services and advice, including short-term liquidity management, independent business reviews, rapid cost reduction and the assessment and implementation of restructuring options, including accelerated mergers and acquisitions and debt refinancing. Key sectors where Adam has expertise include retail and leisure, aviation and travel, business services and construction.
Adam holds a B.A. with Honours in Business and Management with German from the University of Manchester. He qualified as a chartered accountant in 2009 and is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales.Relevant Experience:
- Advised the senior lenders to a mid-market global business travel provider to facilitate a £15 million equity injection and a three-year extension of debt facilities
- Advised the senior lenders to an AIM-listed people outsourcing business through an amendment, equity raise and subsequent refinance and exit (debt £120 million)
- Advised the senior lenders to an aviation and energy business to support an acquisition within the aviation sector and disposal of non-core assets to facilitate a reduction in debt facilities.
- Managed the short-term cash flow review of a casual dining operator on behalf of the senior lenders to support a new money request from the private equity sponsor
- Led the financial review of a pan-European airline with revenues of around £4 billion, including diligence on the airline market, strategy and operations involving management initiatives around operating efficiency and fleet renewal.
- Held the interim treasury role in support of a listed German wind turbine manufacturer.
- Managed the short-term cash flow forecasting and reporting of a German wind turbine manufacturer to support a new money injection
T: +44 7929 081 014
Industrious, Floor 3 - Team Studio 306
Landmark St Peter's Square
1 Oxford Street
Manchester M1 4BP
Business Plan Review
Restructuring / Turnaround Services