Dr. Alan Berezin has 30 years of experience building software products and tech-enabled services. Using that experience, he now specializes in advising corporate and private equity sponsors on key growth-oriented software technology and product challenges. Dr. Berezin has worked across the investment lifecycle from diligence through to sell side planning and execution, having led more than 400 transactions and value creation initiatives. He has extensive industry experience in semiconductor manufacturing, oil and gas, capital equipment, and has also advised healthcare, logistics, telecom, media and many other verticals.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Dr. Berezin spent four years at Crosslake Technologies, a mid-market-focused technology consulting firm, leading technology diligence, exit preparation, software architecture assessments and value creation strategy initiatives such as software platform consolidation, cloud migration and future state planning.
Prior to Crosslake, Dr. Berezin was a Managing Director at Lam Research, a leader in semiconductor capital equipment. At Lam, he led software technology diligence, led a complex digital twin program and drove the digital transformation program.
Dr. Berezin was a co-founder, CTO and chief architect for Enverus (formerly Drillinginfo), which became the worldwide leader in information for the oil and gas industry.
Prior to Enverus, Dr. Berezin led yield enhancement for several semiconductor fabs at Advanced Micro Devices.
- Over 30 years of aggregate experience in software development as an engineer, architect, product manager and CTO
- 8 years as technology M&A advisor, most recently as a Director at Crosslake Technologies, leading software technology diligence, post close value creation and software architecture engagements
- 2 years as Managing Director at Lam Research leading diligence and technology strategy
- 12 years as co-founder, CTO and chief architect of Enverus (formerly Drillinginfo), the leading data provider to the energy industry
- 7 Years with Advanced Micro Devices driving semiconductor manufacturing efficiency and yield enhancement