Alejandro Vanags has more than 20 years of experience in the global oil, gas, power and chemicals industries in the United States, Latin America, Europe and Asia. Mr. Vanags builds businesses; develops and implements complex strategies and transformation efforts that are pragmatic and deliver operational results under tight deadlines; has foresight into the impact of technology within his industry; enlists best industry practices; and motivates teams and develops staff in managerial, consulting or operational roles.
Mr. Vanags areas of focus include developing strategies, leading strategy-based transformation programs and digital transformations, improving operating model, building new organizational capabilities, capturing value in supply chain and performing integrations to improve the value of energy companies.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Vanags was a managing director at Accenture, focusing on helping clients design strategies and transformation programs to meet their strategic objectives. Prior to that, he was a partner in the oil and gas practice at Oliver Wyman, Booz & Co, and initiated his consulting career at McKinsey & Co.
- Digital/artificial intelligence transformation program for a large integrated oil and gas company
- Hydrogen growth strategy for a North American refiner
- Energy transition strategy for a North American downstream company
- Performance transformation for an upstream deep water operator in the Gulf of Mexico
- Operating model redesign for a downstream player in North America
- Commercial and technology/cyber due diligence of a distribution and fuel retailer in Latin America
- Post-merger integration of major upstream oil and gas operators
- Growth strategy development and subsequent transformation of a large multinational utility
- Growth strategy and operating model design for a natural gas trading company
- Strategy development and performance improvement program for a large oil and gas operator