Alessandro Masaro specializes in corporate strategy, M&A, growth capital/VC investment and innovation topics across the Telecom, Media & Technology (“TMT”) sector. Mr. Masaro has 10 years of strategic consulting and direct investment experience and has worked on several deals with major TMT firms in the US, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Africa.
Mr. Masaro was part of the Investments team at Delta Partners, a TMT strategy consulting and investment banking boutique, now integrated into FTI Consulting's TMT practice. As part of his role in Delta Partners, Mr. Masaro was involved in more than 20 deals and served as Board Director in Virgin Mobile Poland and Cash Credit as well as Board Observer in StarzPlay Arabia, the largest SVOD player in the MENA region. Mr. Masaro has been involved in several strategy consulting projects as subject-matter expert across Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Beyond his experience as an investor, Mr. Masaro brings with him extensive advisory experience, including digital services, media and content (e.g. international expansion ad analytics strategy for media players), JV and partnerships agreement (e.g. telecom-to-media & telecom-to-fintech collaborations) and innovation topics (e.g. initiatives to foster creation of innovation ecosystem, set-up and operations of private and public investment funds).
Mr. Masaro is based in Dubai (UAE) and fluent in English and Italian.
- Commercial strategy assessment and due diligence for a regional super-app in MENA
- International expansion strategy for a leading SVOD player in MENA
- Conceptualization and set-up of the technology arm of a Smart City in MENA
- Digital strategy definition for several telecom operators in Africa and Middle East
- Commercial strategy to expand into mass-market for the largest media company in Africa
- Copper to fiber migration strategy and operations for the largest telecom group in Middle East
T: +971 4 369 2999
Media One Tower FZ-LLC
29th Floor, Offices 2901-2904
Dubai Media City
United Arab Emirates
Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory