Alex Galezowski works closely with clients and colleagues to support decision-making by developing bespoke financial models. His collaborative approach delivers models carefully tailored to each scenario, backed up by his extensive industry experience.
Alex works alongside colleagues in Restructuring and Corporate Finance as well as Transaction Services and Business Transformation to support a diverse range of client needs where models are required to support or inform decisions. Where a Relevant Alternative is required for a restructuring plan, he will work with the Insolvency or Restructuring team to develop a bespoke EPM to provide a comparator.
Over the years Alex has assisted corporates and private equity portfolio companies with debt-raising, refinancing, restructuring, M&A activity and more general business planning. He has also worked extensively with infrastructure portfolio companies and investors to support project financing and other types of forward planning at different points of the project lifecycle.
- Alex advised a leading UK-based European cinema chain in financial distress at the height of the COVID pandemic, enabling the client to successfully raise urgent bridge financing to cover ongoing obligations during Europe-wide lockdown.
- Alex has worked with a number of oilfield services providers and equipment lessors in the development EPMs which enabled them to evaluate insolvency as a Relevant Alternative in the context of debt restructuring. One such EPM for Deep Ocean led to UK’s first successful cross-class cram-down.
- Alex developed the EPM that enabled a leading UK airline restructure its debt obligations during the COVID pandemic, thereby securing its long-term survival.
- Alex has developed and reviewed a wide range of project finance and similar models for renewable energy deals, prime examples of which include the model which underpinned the privatisation of the UK’s Green Investment Bank and the proposed acquisition of the Clyde and Keadby windfarms.
- As an example of his wider and varied experience, Alex developed a cash flow and business case model to assist a retired Scandinavian pop star with the business plan for their proposed virtual revival tour.