Amanda Rasmussen has considerable experience conducting a wide range of investigations in Greater China. She has managed numerous due diligence, asset tracing and business intelligence investigations relating to fraud, undisclosed related party transactions and allegations of collusion.
Amanda's particular expertise is in-depth business intelligence engagements into the structure, financial positions, political connections, assets and risks associated with several very high-profile Chinese multinationals, and the backgrounds, reputations and sources of wealth of high-net worth individuals across the Asia Pacific region.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Amanda worked for over five years in Beijing, gaining extensive experience interpreting and navigating business and policy environments in China. She assisted a range of commercial, government and non-government organizations with their understanding of political, economic, social and regulatory challenges and opportunities in the PRC.
Amanda has a B.A. Hons from the University of Melbourne and a Ph.D. in History and Asian Studies from La Trobe University. In addition to her native English, Amanda is an advanced Mandarin speaker.
- Conducted an internal investigation into allegations of fraud and misconduct relating to a real estate company in Japan;
- Supported a global technology company with an investigation into employee misconduct in relation to supplier contracts;
- Supported an Asian regulator’s investigation into allegations made by a short-seller against a Hong Kong-listed company relating to overstatement of assets, recognition of fictitious revenue, inflated cash balances, undisclosed related party transactions and off-balance sheet debts;
- Conducted several insurance fraud investigations into possible collusion among buyers, suppliers and the policyholder;
- Managed ongoing third-party due diligence screening projects and enhanced due diligence for banks and casinos;
- Prepared reports on industry and government attitudes to corporate governance in Japan;
- Numerous multi-jurisdictional asset tracing investigations into high net worth individuals and companies