Andrei Meganov is a highly accomplished professional with a broad range of expertise, including corporate and commercial strategy, product development and technology strategy. He is an expert in mobile network deployment and radio access network (“RAN”) procurement, with extensive experience in operations support system/ business support system (“BSS/OSS”) transformation.
Before joining FTI Delta, the strategy consulting practice of FTI Consulting, Mr. Meganov founded and served as CEO of Yandex Split, the buy-now-pay-later arm of a leading technology company in Eastern Europe. He was responsible for the launch of the business and its subsequent growth.
Prior to Yandex, Mr. Meganov spent more than 11 years at Boston Consulting Group, where he specialized in telecommunications and banking, as well as metals and mining.
- Created a greenfield concept of a financial service arm of a leading technology player, including product prototypes, business case and required investments
- Launched five new businesses (new industries) for a leading mobile telco, including concepts, launch plans and set-up of pilot projects
- Re-designed the debit product line and customer journey for a leading Eastern European bank
- Created new corporate strategy for a leading Eastern European telco, that lead to overall market repair in the country and change of competitive dynamics between the major players
- Re-vamped mobile virtual network operator (“MNVO”) strategy and indirect channel sales policy and product portfolio for a major European mobile telco, sacrificing MVNO revenue in favor of stronger price point defense
- Launched and lead full-scale business support system (“BSS”) replacement (total budget greater than $250 million) for a major Eastern European telco, shaping requirement management, release management and migration planning
- Led RAN network procurement, in charge of creating the request for proposal (“RFP”), designing tender envelopes, economic evaluation of vendor bids and commercial negotiations strategy