Anu Sen specializes in delivering corporate finance expertise to clients in the power and renewable industries. She has 20 years of experience in valuation, project finance, restructuring and investments. Within power and renewables, Ms. Sen has extensive experience in conventional generation, as well as renewable generation, including solar and alternatives.
Ms. Sen has executed deals with notable firms, including Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, MUFG, Ares, ICBC, Shell, GE, Siemens and Bechtel. She was previously the Head of Finance at Panda Power Funds, where she helped raise over $8 billion in equity and debt capital for a portfolio of power assets totaling 6GW. She helped set up the infrastructure funds starting in 2010 to explore investment opportunities in both conventional and renewable energy. Several of her deals were awarded the highest industry honors including “Conventional Generation Project Finance Deal of The Year” and “North American Merchant Power Deal of The Year.” In her prior role at InterGen, she helped run an M&A process, which culminated in a successful portfolio sale to a large strategic buyer.
Ms. Sen has extensive experience in all aspects of the power industry, including finance, cash management, commodity hedging, technical and operational risk assessment and M&A due diligence.
Ms. Sen has led and successfully managed restructurings of various assets in the form of refinancings as well as operational reorganizations and transformations. She has been at the forefront of greenfield and brownfield business development as well as strategic review of existing businesses, valuations, liquidation analyses, credit ratings reviews and actions, distressed asset marketing and sales, financial leadership, renegotiation of credit facilities and implementation of cash management strategies.
- Puerto Rico Public Private Partnership Authority: Led all aspects of a Request for Proposal process for selection of a new Operations and Maintenance Operator for their power generation facilities, as well as reviewing filings and helping navigate through the transition process for the newly selected Transmission and Distribution Operator to take over and monitoring progress.
- Utility & Infrastructure Services Co. (a PE fund’s portfolio company): Worked on a due diligence project, including industry and regional diligence in the heavy industrial/utility construction sector which required deep industry knowledge; the project included a thorough review of state and local utility filings on rate cases, as well as wholesale gas pipeline rules and regulations regarding pipeline replacement, and identifying new business for utility contractors in the electric market segment
- Chilean Copper Mining Co.: Worked on an expert witness report on a disputed long term Power Purchase Agreement (“PPA”) between the supplier of power and the offtaker (the world’s largest copper mining company)
- Distressed Power Generators in ERCOT: Worked on a couple of strategic options and restructuring advisory engagements for generators in Texas that were adversely affected during winter Storm Uri, helping them navigate through liquidity and restructuring related capital structure reorganization
- Retail Energy Providers: Worked on the Brazos Electric Co-Op and the Entrust bankruptcies, where FTI represented the unsecured creditors
- Strategic Options Advisory for a Generator in PJM: Ms. Sen was an integral part of the team that helped evaluate strategic options, including a possible refinancing, for a large combined-cycle generator in PJM; the client has since successfully refinanced the outstanding debt on their facility
- Confidential Expert Reports: She has worked on an expert witness report on the cancellation of a disputed long term PPA between the developer of a power plant and the offtaker in Ghana, as well as one on a contract dispute between two large industrials in the U.S.