Assad Chaudhri has nearly 25 years of experience providing corporate restructuring advice and has been based in the Middle East since 2011.
As an experienced adviser to corporates and a former CFO, Assad adds value to corporates by developing robust and efficient common information platforms to support fund raising, corporate restructuring and business transformations. This work includes the development of short term liquidity forecasts to optimise cash/working capital management; the development of medium term strategic business plans to support financing transactions and business transformations; and the development of treasury and financial planning and analysis (“FP&A”) solutions to support enhanced financial governance and control.
As an experienced adviser to lenders, Assad leads the restructuring process end to end, from the establishment of a robust information platform (including independent business reviews (“IBRs”), short term liquidity and debt/security structure) and assessment of options/contingency planning, to negotiation and execution of the commercial deal.
Assad has worked across multiple sectors, including building materials, contracting, education, financial services, food and beverage, healthcare, oilfield services, outsourcing, petrochemicals, power and utilities, real estate, retail, shipping and telecoms.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Assad spent most of his career in Big Four restructuring teams in London and the United Arab Emirates. He also served as CFO of a private family office portfolio company in Abu Dhabi, with operations in North America and East Africa.
- Neom: Advised the Office of the CFO on FP&A solutions
- NMC Health: Implemented crisis cash management process and rapid rollout of short-term cash forecast across a complex group with approximately 250 legal entities
- KBBO Group: Established rapid visibility on short-term cash across the group
- ADPC: Power and utilities sector cash flow forecast across all key operating companies in Abu Dhabi
- Al Futtaim Contracting: Accelerated business planning to support M&A deal and new money and short-term cash management
- Dubai World: Financial advisor to the Creditor Monitoring Panel on the USD25 billion restructuring of Dubai’s government-related entities (“GRE”) owning assets across ports, ship building, real estate, hospitality, gaming and private equity
- Amlak Finance: Financial advisor to the Lender Monitoring Committee through restructuring of the USD2 billion Islamic facility
- Drydocks World: Financial Advisor to the CoCom on the USD2 billion restructuring of ship building and repair assets in Dubai
- JBF RAK (financial adviser to CoCom), BIC Contracting (IBR for shareholder), Al Futtaim Contracting (IBR for shareholder), Qstec (IBR for shareholder)