Ben Crew is a renowned expert in information governance and Data Privacy. He is an acknowledged Privacy evangelist, with a focus on the GCC region, and is a regular panellist and speaker on forums and seminars across the region.
Ben has over 20 years experience working with clients to resolve risks associated with their data and assist clients in managing their data in a more secure and effective manner. He brings a wealth of experience in providing compliance expertise to clients from a range of industries, including financial services firms, hospitality, governmental and technology firms across the region. His diverse experience enables him to solve clients’ most pressing challenges efficiently and effectively.
Ben has been based in Dubai for over 12 years and has extensive experience working with clients across the Middle East and Africa to address their data compliance needs. He has strong experience in helping clients to respond to new and complex regulatory challenges across multiple jurisdictions.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Ben held senior management positions at Group 42, The Entertainer and Jumeirah Group leading their Information Governance and Data Privacy functions.
- Delivered privacy programmes addressing international data protection regulations including GDPR, CCPA, DIFC, ADGM DHCC and UAE Federal laws.
- Set-up and ran Data Privacy and Information Governance functions for multiple UAE based entities
- Named Data Protection Officer under GDPR and DIFC for multiple entities
- Implemented data governance framework for financial services firm in MENA region
- Developed Standard Operating Procedures and training artefacts for a US Insurers operations across MEA and CIS
- Developed Target Operating Models to define privacy and security responsibilities for an Abu Dhabi based conglomerate
- Program managed numerous global privacy programmes
- Chair of Dubai Privacy Connect chapter
T: +971 50 286 7553
Office C1408 and C1401, Level 14
Burj Daman Office Tower, Al Mustaqbal Street
P.O. Box 71253
United Arab Emirates
Data & Analytics
Data Privacy & Protection