Ben Waters is a specialist in advisory, investment and transaction support, capital, banking services, pre-lending review and due diligence within the agribusiness industry.
Ben joined FTI Consulting after 14 years with one of Australia’s leading corporate restructuring and advisory firms where he gained in-depth experience and insight across a wide range of advisory projects. During that time, Ben spent 15 months working in one of Australia’s largest banks specifically assisting with managing their agribusiness portfolio.
Ben has led trade-on engagements, asset sales and independent advisory projects within the beef (including stud stock and feed lotting), dairy, horticulture, cotton, irrigated cropping and fodder and broad-acre cropping sectors. Furthermore, he has experience in processing and accumulation of agricultural products as well as the production of key farm inputs.
In addition to agriculture, Ben also has experience across several other industries including infrastructure and property.
Ben grew up in Northern NSW on a sheep, cattle and mixed cropping property. He now runs his own self replacing sheep operation and beef herd on a property in the same area. He has held a number of industry roles in wool, beef cattle production, cotton and broad acre cropping.
- Large meat processing facility, WA - valuation
- Sugar mill and supporting cane land, QLD - led the operational and financial due diligence on the acquisition
- Fertilizer manufacturing operation, QLD - raised AU$65m
- Property, NW QLD - Independent review of a 300,000ha property with 20,000 head of cattle
- Feedlot operation, NSW and VIC - independent review and restructure with 15,000 head
- Leading Braham stud and associated commercial herd, Northern NSW - led an independent review and restructure
- Cattle, cotton and horticulture enterprise, Western NSW - led an independent review and restructure
- Large horticultural business, VIC and QLD - independent review
- Large PE firm, U.S. based - advised on the acquisition of a number of dairy farms
- Integrated horticulture business, QLD and VIC - led the operational due diligence
Chartered Accountant, Australia
Farm Writers Association of NSW
Institute of Chartered Accountants
Bachelor of Commerce, Agricultural Economics, Sydney University
T: +61 2 8247 8019
Level 22, Gateway
1 Macquarie Place
Sydney, NSW 2000
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory