Ben Waters is a specialist in advisory, investment and transaction support, capital, banking services, pre-lending review and due diligence within the agribusiness industry.
Ben joined FTI Consulting after 14 years with one of Australia’s leading corporate restructuring and advisory firms where he gained in-depth experience and insight across a wide range of advisory projects. During that time, Ben spent 15 months working in one of Australia’s largest banks specifically assisting with managing their agribusiness portfolio.
Ben has led trade-on engagements, asset sales and independent advisory projects within the beef (including stud stock and feed lotting), dairy, horticulture, cotton, irrigated cropping and fodder and broad-acre cropping sectors. Furthermore, he has experience in processing and accumulation of agricultural products as well as the production of key farm inputs.
In addition to agriculture, Ben also has experience across several other industries including infrastructure and property.
Ben grew up in Northern NSW on a sheep, cattle and mixed cropping property. He now runs his own self replacing sheep operation and beef herd on a property in the same area. He has held a number of industry roles in wool, beef cattle production, cotton and broad acre cropping.
- Valuation of a large meat processing facility in WA.
- Led the operational and financial due diligence on the acquisition of a sugar mill and supporting cane land in QLD.
- Raised AU$65m for a fertilizer manufacturing operation in QLD.
- Independent review of a 300,000ha property in NW QLD carrying 20,000 head of cattle.
- Independent review and restructure of a 15,000 head feedlot operation in NSW and VIC.
- Led an independent review and restructure of a leading Brahman stud and associated commercial herd in Northern NSW.
- Led an independent review and restructure of a cattle, cotton and horticulture enterprise in Western NSW.
- Independent review of a large horticultural business in VIC and QLD.
- Advised a large U.S.-based PE firm on the acquisition of a number of dairy farms.
- Led the operational due diligence on an integrated horticulture business based in QLD and VIC.