Ben Johnson has several years of financial restructuring experience advising creditors, investors and companies. He has performed advisory services across numerous industries, including oil and gas, shipbuilding, aviation, construction, manufacturing, financial services, food production, retail and mining.
Ben’s experience includes strategic, operational and financial assessments, stakeholder options analysis and liquidity reviews.
Ben has worked in FTI Consulting’s Restructuring practice since 2018 and has been involved in a number of complex restructuring assignments across a broad range of industries and geographies. Recently, Ben has spent a year on secondment to the Global Special Credit Unit at HSBC in London.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ben was a manager in the audit and advisory team at Deloitte, focusing on listed companies.
- Financial advisor to the lenders of a listed UK technology business to assess short term liquidity and perform an independent business review
- Financial advisor to €2.5 billion t/o European based shipbuilder through business plan development and restructuring discussions with RCF lenders
- Financial advisor to the lenders of an outdoor education business to assess short term liquidity and perform an independent business review
- Independent business review of a UK-based food group ahead of a proposed refinancing
- Financial advisor to the U.S. Private Placement Notes of an Irish headquartered aviation leasing business owning c.450 aircraft
- Independent business review on behalf of the private equity owners of a global mechanical services business operating across multiple sectors
- Financial advisor to the lenders of CitySprint, including an independent business review
- Financial advisor to the lenders of Nyrstar, a global multimetals business, including assessing short term liquidity, capital structure modelling and performing an independent business review