Brandon Lee has over 15 years of experience consulting and delivering legal technology and discovery services across a broad array of industries. Brandon specializes in legal technology optimization, information governance, electronic discovery, data security and privacy challenges.
Brandon has extensive experience providing operational and technical consultation on complex technology issues, particularly in the realm of supporting transformational and cost saving initiatives. He has led numerous engagements that routinely help clients assess technology modernization strategies, identify and select enabling technologies, design and deploy operational process improvement workflows, and facilitate change management trainings and technology adoption initiatives. Additionally, Brandon has advised clients on ways to address and mitigate risks derived from the inefficient management of enterprise-wide records, information, and legacy data. He has technical experience on various industry recognized software programs, forensic tools, and technology platforms.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Brandon was a Managing Director in the Forensic Technology Services practice at BDO USA and held senior management roles in the Forensic Technology and Discovery Services practices at Ernst & Young (EY) and Deloitte respectively. He is a licensed, non-practicing, attorney that enjoys the opportunity to opine on the intersection of innovation, technology, and the law.
- Provided strategic advice and consultation to a national financial services provider (life insurance and annuities) on the strategic and tactical development of a target operating model for its Legal Department / Chief Legal Officer
- Led and managed the successful assessment and technology selection of a matter management and document management system for the Office of the Chief Legal Officer at a national financial services/insurance institution, which included the evaluation of various operational legal processes impacting its business lines (property & casualty, life, and banking)
- Advised a global diversified industrial company on how to strategically develop an operational framework and cohesively align a myriad of technology transformation initiatives for its Office of General Counsel
- Provided strategic advice and consultation to over 50 Fortune 500 companies on legal hold management, records/ information management, email archiving, legacy data remediation and data collection/review (Industries: Financial Services – Insurance, Life Sciences, Retail, Diversified Industrial and Oil/Gas)
- Led and managed the day-to-day collection, review, and analysis of data for over 75 custodians (over two terabytes of electronic stored information) in response to a global internal investigation in support of a proactive disclosure to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for a global distributor of goods
- “Law Operations Technology Survey: Journey to Modernization” CLOC Webcast. Co-Presented with Brad Blickstein, James Michalowicz, and Deana Uhl. November 17, 2021.
- “Law Operations Technology Survey: Journey to Modernization” ACC Webcast. Co-Presented with Brad Blickstein, James Michalowicz, and Deana Uhl. November 12, 2021.
- “The State of Legal Technology 2021 – What In-House Counsel Needs to Know” Exterro/ACC Webcast. Co-Presented with David Yerich. September 30, 2021.
- “How to Generate Efficiencies in Your Legal Operations” ALM Webcast. Co-Presented with Danielle Panetta, Wendy King, and Angela Eavy. June 10, 2021.
- “In-House Legal Technology Modernization: Considerations and Best Practices.” Co-authored with Deana Uhl. May 21, 2021.
- “Blame Expanding Regulations for Your Expansive E-Discovery Bill” Quoted in the article written by Victoria Hudgins. LegalTech News. January 10, 2020.