Brian Taylor has more than 15 years of experience in corporate restructuring and commercial litigation. Mr. Taylor helps distressed businesses and their creditors navigate financial turnaround, both in bankruptcy and out-of-court restructuring. He also has extensive experience investigating claims and causes of action and preparing expert reports for related litigations including fraudulent conveyance and directors and officers (“D&O”) actions.
In assisting clients and counsel in complex commercial litigations, Mr. Taylor has prepared valuations for damages in multibillion-dollar fraudulent conveyance actions, assisted experts in formulating solvency opinions, conducted forensic analysis to trace transactions and calculated damages in commercial contract disputes.
In a bankruptcy setting, Mr. Taylor serves as financial advisor to creditors committees and debtors. He assists counsel with financial analyses required for pleadings from first day motions to plan confirmation. Mr. Taylor prepares and evaluates debtors’ business plans and financial projections, cash flow projections, valuations and plans of reorganization.
Mr. Taylor also advises lenders and companies in out-of-court restructuring and for financial due diligence. He conducts financial analysis and prepares projections for evaluating strategic alternatives and for negotiations with lenders and other stakeholders.
Mr. Taylor has represented clients in retail, financial services, energy, education, healthcare, hotel, and manufacturing industries. Some of his major engagements include Cineworld, Talen Energy, Nine West, Cineworld, MF Global, HealthSouth, Alpha Natural Resources, The Greenbrier Resort, LandAmerica Financial, Circuit City and Gymboree.
- Led recovery actions investigations representing the Creditors’ Committee for Talen Energy Supply, an independent power producer with more than $4.5 billion in debt; evaluated causes of action, assessed indicators of enterprise value and prepared analysis used in Plan negotiations
- Represented the Creditors’ Committee for Nine West, a $2 billion women’s shoe and apparel company; investigated claims related to a leveraged buyout and evaluated the feasibility of the company’s financial projections; assisted in writing a related expert report of the post-confirmation trust
- Valued MF Global, a broker-dealer with more than $40 billion in total liabilities to calculated damages in actions against the D&Os and the company’s auditor; assisted in preparing multiple expert reports for the Litigation Trust
- Valued long-term rehab hospitals and developed solvency analyses required for damages and solvency opinions in defense of a fraudulent conveyance action for HealthSouth
- Represented the Creditors’ Committee in one of the U.S’s largest coal bankruptcies for Alpha Natural Resources; worked with counsel and coal mining engineers to analyze unencumbered assets, reviewed the business plan for feasibility and monitored cash flow projections
T: +1 804 387 7664
4050 Innslake Drive
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Financial Planning & Analysis
Litigation Support & Analytical Services
Restructuring / Turnaround Services