Brian Wagner has been providing healthcare advisory, litigation support and finance and performance improvement services to corporate clients and attorneys for more than 10 years. Mr. Wagner’s clients have included large national hospital systems, multinational medical device companies, private equity groups and others. His experience includes assisting clients by providing financial, dispute resolution, investigatory, regulatory and compliance services to healthcare companies.
Brian has been actively involved in high-dollar Federal False Claims Act, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute damages cases on behalf of regional and national healthcare systems, working on some of the larger cases in the U.S. His work in these cases has involved devising settlement strategies and leading the design of complex damages and financial models.
Before joining FTI Consulting, Brian provided in-house M&A due diligence services for an Atlanta-based healthcare system. Prior to that, Brian worked with the valuation and litigation services group for an international accounting firm, where he performed company valuations, purchase price allocations and goodwill impairment testing.
Brian received a B.S. in Decision and Information Sciences from the University of Florida, an M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance from the University of Denver and a J.D. from the University of Florida. He is a Certified Healthcare Financial Professional by the Healthcare Financial Management Association and a member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts and the American Health Lawyers Association.
- Analyzing Stark and Anti-Kickback statute issues and building extensive damages and review models to assist clients with litigation or compliance matters
- Resolving qui tam lawsuits, class action claims, administrative inquiries and criminal false claims allegations
- Examining the accounting and financial reporting impacts of health care compliance and revenue recognition matters
- Performing financial and compliance due diligence and assisting the resolution of post-acquisition disputes
- Providing comprehensive evaluations of all aspects of client companies, including financial, operations, HR and accounting practices, which outline performance improvement target areas