Cedric Daou has more than 15 years of consulting experience in the Gulf Cooperation Council (“GCC”) and Europe working with central, sectorial and local governments in the formulation and implementation of socio-economic strategies (national and regional), transformations and optimization, privatization and public-private partnerships (“PPPs”).
Cedric has deep functional expertise in strategic planning, operating model and transformation, project management office (“PMO”) and change management, as well as public finance and investments. Cedric covers multiple platforms within the public sector including the center of government, regional and local development, social development and agriculture, food security and environment.
Cedric has spearheaded the formulation of multiple national and sectoral strategies for government entities, including advising centers of government entities such as the prime minister’s office, royal courts and ministries of finance. He has also led numerous organization turnarounds for ministries, municipalities, funds, authorities, agencies, state-owned enterprises (“SOEs”) and non-governmental organizations (“NGOs”), including the re-definition of entities’ mandates, strategic plans, governance, organizational structures, manpower requirements, processes and HR enablers.
Cedric has advised several countries and government entities on their PPP and privatization agenda, including formulating national and sectoral PPP and privatization plans, assessing ongoing PPP contracts and identifying, assessing and executing PPP transactions.
- Formulation of the comprehensive regional strategy for one of the largest provinces in the GCC, managing a consortium of eight companies
- Identification, assessment and implementation of privatization and PPPs across multiple sectors (e.g. utilities, agriculture, health, interior, social and municipal) with both public (sell-side) and private sectors (buy-side)
- Advised the prime minister’s office of a GCC country in formulating the country’s future readiness strategy
- Developed the national food security strategy for a GCC country and supported the establishment of the national food security office
- Detailed feasibility, scalability and impact assessment of the national implementation of an innovative agriculture technology (hydroponics) and potential private sector participation
- Designed the target model for the best government in the world for a GCC ministry of state for government development
Unit C1501, East Side of Level 15 Level, Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Center
PO Box 507126
United Arab Emirates
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Strategy Consulting & Research