About Chris Post
Chris Post is part of the Power & Renewables practice and a member of FTI Capital Advisors, the firm’s investment banking subsidiary. Mr. Post focuses on advising companies, creditors and equity sponsors during periods of transformative change. He brings more than 15 years of capital markets expertise across a number of industry sectors including telecom, media & entertainment, business services, manufacturing and power & utilities.
Mr. Post has led numerous engagements covering buy- and sell-side M&A, capital raising, interim management, balance sheet and operational restructuring, business plan development & review and valuation.
Mr. Post has worked closely with major financial institutions, private equity sponsors and alternative capital providers including: JP Morgan, Bank of America, Goldman Sachs, Citi, Deutsche Bank, Barclays, MUFG, Citizens Bank, Sumitomo, Carlyle, GSO Capital Partners, SVPGlobal, Ares, Silver Point, Blackrock, GoldenTree, Columbus Nova, Platinum Equity, Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, Crystal Financial, Monroe Capital and MidOcean Partners.
Mr. Post has held formal board and interim management roles on numerous occasions, including serving as CFO, Treasurer and VP Finance for various client portfolio companies. He has also led operational and financial due diligence reviews on behalf of private equity and commercial banking clients, with areas of focus including market assessment, performance improvement, supply chain, cost optimization, analysis of financial forecasts and synergy diligence.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Post spent over seven years in the corporate and investment banking division of Bank of America Merrill Lynch. During that time he participated in the origination and syndication of over 50 high grade and leveraged debt transactions in the telecom, media and technology (“TMT“) sector, with principal responsibilities including due diligence, transaction structuring, credit underwriting and portfolio management. Additionally, he spent over three years in the bank’s large corporate restructuring group where he actively managed a $650 million distressed loan portfolio. He began his career in the commercial banking division of Comerica Bank.
- Serving as Interim Treasurer and VP of Finance for one of the largest Independent Power Producers in the United States, providing strategic advisory services during more than $1 billion of project financing activity for a portfolio of conventional power assets
- Advising an equity sponsor during the out of court restructuring of its ownership position in a 1.1 GW CCGT power facility in PJM
- Representation of secured lenders during the out of court restructuring of a leading specialty solar panel manufacturer
- Serving as strategic and M&A advisor to a project finance bank and project sponsor on the sale of a 114MW wind farm as part of a broader platform wind down
- Advising the Creditors’ Committees in the U.S. Bankruptcy proceedings for Abengoa Bioenergy and Abeinsa, in each case providing advisory services around the proposed 363 sale of the Debtors’ first- and second-generation bioenergy assets
T: +1 303 689 8888
999 17th Street, Suite 700
Denver, CO 80202
Financial Due Diligence
Investment Banking & Capital Solutions
Restructuring / Turnaround Services