Corey Gildart brings more than 15 years of experience extracting critical information and deriving meaningful insights to bolster client claims, defenses and general data awareness around complex litigation and investigations. As a digital forensics and analytics expert, Mr. Gildart harnesses industry-leading forensic technology software and customized data programming solutions for anomaly detection, network analysis and document categorization and classification.
Mr. Gildart has extensive expertise assisting with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) investigations, multidistrict litigations and the use of investigative text analytics to understand key facts and evidence in complex matters. He also has significant experience with e-discovery project management and the management of legal software in major litigations.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gildart spent six years as Director and Legal Officer for Resolution Economics, LLC, an economic and statistical advisory firm, where he also provided clients with expert testimony and services in support of forensic investigations and labor and employment disputes. He has also worked within Big Four firms, including four years as Director of Forensic Advisory Services with KPMG, and has held roles with HP.
- Served as a subject matter expert in a transatlantic contract dispute submitting affirmations of time stamp evidence and secure disposition of data at the request of counsel; advised on best practices for cross-border data collection, anonymization, transfer and review at the request of client counsel
- Seconded with a Fortune 100 financial services firm’s litigation and regulatory group, assisting with Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations focused on understanding international hiring practices and assessing the impact of such practices through the use of investigative text analytics
- Managed on-site legal software and consulting services for a multinational oil and gas company litigating a $50 billion multidistrict litigation in the Eastern District of Louisiana
- Conducted nationwide investigation into state-specific allegations of false claims on behalf of a global commercial real estate services firm; Harnessed natural language processing technologies to quickly identify elusive language in communications and key facts at a substantial cost savings for the client
- Normalized and analyzed 700 million Treasury Note ticker observations on behalf of a group of financial institutions over a ten-year period to isolate relevant dates and identify anomalistic yield changes in support of LIBOR regulatory investigation