Daniel Woodhouse has more than 20 years’ experience in corporate restructuring and turnaround. He has managed a broad range of engagements and has deep industry experience in retail, financial services, hospitality, accommodation, property development, sport and recreation clubs, mining and mining services, transport and civil contracting.
Daniel’s engagements predominantly involve trading, selling and recapitalising distressed businesses, working with businesses to improve performance and overall viability and financial investigations.
Having lived and worked internationally, Daniel also has extensive international and cross border experience. He has assisted clients in a number of jurisdictions including the United States of America, United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, South America, the People’s Republic of China, New Zealand and multiple off-shore jurisdictions.
Daniel is empathetic and understanding of stakeholders’ needs. He is focused on saving businesses and compassionately maximising outcomes in difficult situations. He brings a practical and pragmatic approach to commercially challenging problems.
- Wiluna Mining Ltd – Voluntary Administrator of an ASX-listed trading gold mine in Western Australia
- Forex Capital – Liquidator of an over-the-counter CFD trader, found guilty of misleading and deceiving more than 8,500 investors
- Watch Works and Cobbler – Voluntary Administrator of the successfully sold related businesses, incorporating 120 sites and over 240 employees
- Oil and gas service provider – strategic restructuring advice for private equity shareholder. Entities (and operations) in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Australia
- Group of restaurants, operated by a high-profile celebrity chef – business review and strategic advice for private equity shareholder
- 200-acre luxury five-star hotel and golf complex - trade on, performance optimisation and sale to a Miami based Family Office
- Transit Clothing – Voluntary Administrator of an iconic WA fashion retailer
- WA Club Inc. – Voluntary Administrator of a 125-year-old high-end business club
- Waikiki Private Hospital – Voluntary Administrator of the successfully recapitalised private hospital, saving approximately 80 jobs and retaining an important element in the Western Australian hospital system
- Grand Cinemas – Voluntary Administrator of a nearly 100-year-old chain of independent cinemas, which was successfully sold to Hoyts and preserving over 140 jobs.
T: +61 8 9321 8533
Level 47, Central Park
152-158 St. Georges Terrace
Perth, WA 6000
Restructuring / Turnaround Services