David Hobart is a real estate specialist with more than 30 years’ industry experience in strategy, valuation, transaction advisory and asset management. He has worked across a broad range of asset classes, including retail, commercial, industrial, residential, hotels, retirement, serviced apartments, education and development sites.
David has senior-level experience in freehold and leasehold acquisition, disposal strategy and execution of transactions. He has been involved in the disposal strategy and sale of distressed assets on behalf of mortgagee in possession, receivers and managers.
Additionally, David has led the marketing launch and relaunch strategies, as wells as. coordinating sales programs for major multi-unit residential projects.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, David held senior roles at Ernst & Young on the Real Estate Advisory team and with PricewaterhouseCooper’s Corporate Advisory and Restructuring group.
Additionally, David previously ran his own property advisory business, strategically advising clients on optimising their position on property security, including recommending receivers and external advisors. His clients included major Australian and global banks, insolvency and restructuring firms.
- Led the sell down of the distressed major mixed-used development, Soul on the Gold Coast, including relaunching the marketing of luxury apartments and repositioning of retail centre component, achieving record national sale price
- Led property acquisition program at Sydney Metro, Australia’s largest public transport infrastructure project, to acquire all identified leasehold and freehold interests as well as gain vacant possession for Sydney Metro City, Southwest and Sydney Metro West phases of the project
- Founded and directed property advisory business; provided strategic advice to optimise clients’ property security; managed disposal of property assets to maximise outcomes for clients
- Led several sale and leaseback transactions, including the David Jones Sydney freehold store portfolio, David Jones’s distribution warehouse portfolio and Qantas Airways Airport Centre
- Managing several development projects, including Sydney’s Merchant Court Hotel, Tower apartments, the Arena apartment project and Kenwood Electronics office building
Real Estate Licence, NSW
M.A., Commerce, University of Western Sydney
T: +61 2 8247 8000
Level 22, Gateway
1 Macquarie Place
Sydney, NSW 2000
Restructuring / Turnaround Services