David Meadows is a Senior Managing Director that leads FTI Consulting’s Canada and U.S. Midwest Technology teams specializing in electronic discovery, data analytics, cyber response and digital forensics. David has assisted clients with investigations and litigation technology in the Financial, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Energy, Mining, Government and Telecom industries. He has more than twenty years of experience in investigations, civil litigation, class-action litigation, multi–party litigation and regulatory matters.
David has led numerous projects nationally and internationally for companies and their counsel to decrease the cost and risk associated with data analysis and electronic discovery. Utilizing his strong project management and technical background, he has significant experience with complex data analysis, information planning, data preservation, data collection, data processing and data visualization. Additionally, David has a broad background in technology software design and development, enterprise networking and system implementations.
- Led a team investigating a phishing email cyber breach to understand the breadth and depth of compromised accounts and potential PII leakage; helped the client close holes in its email environment, improve suspicious and known malicious email filtering and provide user training and awareness
- Led a global e-discovery team in assisting a client with their response to the U.S. Department of Justice regarding allegations of anti-competitive practices; collected data from more than 250 custodians in eight countries, processed and hosted in three countries
- Assisted multiple antitrust counsel with review and production requirements; developed a cost-effective methodology for analyzing nearly 2,000 backup tapes to identify potentially relevant tapes for restoration
- Retained as the electronic discovery expert by the special committee to the Board of Directors for a large communications company to review defensibility of e-discovery procedures in a $500 million theft of trade secrets suit; provided affidavit of defensibility of electronic discovery procedures
- Led the overall effort in assisting counsel for a large financial institution with the forensic analysis of 65 custodians’ data in an alleged theft of trade secrets matter; the collection and review was completed in less than two weeks and an affidavit of the findings was provided
T: +1 416 649 8093
M: + 1 312 363 8663
TD South Tower, 79 Wellington Street West
Toronto Dominion Centre, Suite 2010, P.O. Box 104
Toronto, ON M5K 1G8