David Morris is Leader of FTI Consulting UK, Head of UK Restructuring and the COO of Corporate Finance EMEA.
David has 30 years of experience advising stakeholders in complex, stressed and distressed financial restructurings. David has experience advising lenders, corporates, investors, governments and regulators. He has experience in many sectors, including retail, financial services, business services, industry and consumer products, energy, construction and technology, media and Telecom across both listed public companies and private equity-leveraged transactions.
David’s experience spans global complex matters with debt facilities of up to £10 billion to mid-market private companies. David has also acted as an expert witness
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, David was a partner at Ernst & Young, and before that, he worked at Arthur Andersen.
David is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and Member of the Institute for Turnaround.
- Advised €10 billion of debt providers on Steinhoff, including the financial due diligence, valuation and Entity Priority Model to provide the Common Platform Information to deliver the financial restructuring
- Advised board of The Collective, a co-living owner and operator with £600 million of debt on their financial restructuring
- Advised the UK Government and Bank of England on the development on the £40 billion Energy Market Financing Scheme
- Named liquidity and solvency expert witness acting for defendants in the case of Silentnight, the largest UK manufacturer of beds and mattresses
- Advised the £1 million lending syndicate on restructuring of the The Co-op Group
- Advised the CH11 Trustee in the MF Global bankruptcy
- Advised the debt syndicate on financial restructuring of Slater & Gordon, a listed law firm
- Advised lending syndicate on Paperlinx, a AUD6 billion listed paper merchant
- Advised leveraged buyout (“LBO”) lending syndicate on Burton Biscuits
- Advised the inventory financing lender to Essar Stanlow, an oil refinery
- Co-ordinated the restructuring of LBO debt for TV/film production company and film distributor
- Advised the lender of a £1 billion property developer and contractor