Derek Sappenfield is a member of the Office the CFO Solutions practice and has over 25 years of full lifecycle operating model transformation experience with extensive experience in shared services, outsourcing, process/organization transformation and intelligent automation. Mr. Sappenfield’s functional expertise spans finance, procurement, HR and customer care, as well as core processes across multiple industries.
Mr. Sappenfield is an expert in planning, designing and executing operating model transformations to create competitive advantage and shareholder value for clients in the technology, financial services, hospitality, communications & media, manufacturing, automotive and public sector industries.
Over the course of Mr. Sappenfield’s career he has led many full lifecycle business/digital transformation, finance transformation and automation programs to dramatically improve service levels, reduce costs, increase agility and enhance customer experience. He has extensive global experience architecting innovative solutions and managing cross-functional teams to successfully design and achieve best practice experiences and processes.
Mr. Sappenfield brings a broad and deep understanding of the offshoring and outsourcing provider market having spent significant time delivering work for clients in Europe, Asia-Pac and LATAM, in addition to North America.
- Assessed, designed and implemented shared services, outsourcing and automation for one of world’s largest hospitality companies leading to $50 million in annual savings
- Designed and implemented an intelligent automation strategy and COE producing $40+ million in recurring annual savings
- Designed and implemented an operating model transformation program with a global financial services institution producing over $35 million in annual savings from automation, shared services and offshoring
- Designed and implemented an enterprise-wide intelligent automation strategy and designed, implemented and managed an Intelligent Automation COE for one of world’s largest auto manufacturers, driving $25 million in annual savings
- Drove over $30 million in annual savings from business transformation program including automation and shared services at a leading global media and entertainment company
- Developed and implemented shared services and outsourcing for a global industrial products company driving down cost of delivery by 40%