Drew Forbes is a specialist in leading restructuring and special situation engagements with over 15 years of commercial experience. Drew has acted for a range of clients in Australia and Europe across numerous industries including retail, tourism, technology, property development, renewable energy and finance.
Focused on providing advice to clients and stakeholders experiencing change, Drew looks for innovative solutions to complex financial challenges through performance improvement, balance sheet optimisation and restructuring alternatives.
Drew also has significant experience in acting for investors wishing to either exit investments or facilitate acquisitions, particularly in the distressed and special situation markets.
- Steinhoff International – independent review of global retail operations
- Webjet Limited – financial due diligence to support an investment by Bain Capital Credit
- Goldman Sachs and Tenenbaum Capital Partners – interim management and sell side advisory regarding a large-scale renewable energy asset in Queensland
- Multinational shipping conglomerate with over €500m of revenues and €1bn of debt – operational and financial diligence on behalf of a global lending syndicate
- Commercial due diligence to support the 70% acquisition of Sensis from Telstra for AU$454 million
- One of Australia’s most prominent luxury retailers - independent business review, providing the lender with a range of options in relation to its exposure
- Victoria’s largest independent butchery chain - independent business review including in respect to operational performance improvement, restructuring and asset divestment alternatives
T: +61 3 9604 0600
M: +61 4 1069 7715
Level 21, Bourke Place
600 Bourke Street
Melbourne, VIC, 3000