Edwina Tam is a Senior Managing Director based in Hong Kong with more than 20 years of accounting and business valuation experience covering North America, Hong Kong and China. Ms. Tam specializes in business and intangible valuations, corporate reorganization for both public and privately held entities involving mergers and acquisitions, strategic planning, tax reorganization and litigation support engagements. She is also experienced with financial statement reporting, including purchase price allocation under Hong Kong Financial Reporting Standards (“HKFRS”), International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”).
Ms. Tam’s industry experience includes private equity, financial services, insurance, telecommunications, oil and gas, healthcare, retail, food, alternative power, retail, pharmacy, manufacturing and property. She has provided litigation support services in financial and business valuations and loss of profit claims to the Hong Kong government, solicitors, listed companies and individual minority shareholders.
Prior to Ms. Tam's specialization in business valuations, she focused on tax and estate planning for small and medium enterprises for six years and provided services in personal, corporate and trust tax and tax planning in Canada.
Ms. Tam is a Chartered Professional Accountant (“CPA”) with Chartered Professional Accountants Canada, a certified member of the Canadian Institute of Business Valuators and a member of the American Society of Appraisers. She is also a member of the board of the International Institute of Business Valuers.
- In a dispute in the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, provided expert witness testimony with respect to the fair market value of a subsidiary that had spun off and commented on the fair market value of the subsidiary immediately before the spin-off
- In a tax dispute between a taxpayer and the Commissioner of Inland Revenue in Hong Kong on profit tax assessments based on appropriate royalty rates charged for the use of the brands in the supermarket and health & beauty stores, represented the Commissioner in assessing appropriate royalty rates for the use of the brands
- In accordance with section 179(9) of the BVI Business Companies Act 2004, determined the fair market value of an investment holding company in a shareholder dispute
- In a Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (“HKIAC”) arbitration between parties to a hotel management contract of a PRC property, provided expert testimony with respect to the present value of the lost management fees and incentive fees for the remainder of the contract term
- In an HKIAC arbitration between parties to a share purchase agreement of a renewable energy operation in the People’s Republic of China, provided expert testimony with respect to the valuation of a 17% interest of the operation
T: +852 3768 4591
Level 35, Oxford House
979 King's Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong, China