Erica Albertson combines her years of law firm e-discovery management across the U.S., E.U., and U.K., with her hands-on consulting expertise, to provide clients with a defensible and proportionate approach to discovery exercises by leveraging technology and innovative workflows to solve complex problems in disputes and investigations.
Ms. Albertson brings extensive understanding and experience utilizing machine learning, technology assisted review (TAR), and continuous active learning (CAL) on discovery exercises. As well as in-depth expertise on how to analyse, interpret, and explain the nuances of these exercises to key parties. She supports clients in their most complex matters by leveraging AI technology in novel and imaginative ways to create significant time and cost efficiencies.
Ms. Albertson’s deep understanding of the legal process helps her advise clients on the best approach for each matter’s unique challenges. Her extensive experience with High Court claims has led to the creation of defensible and proporationate workflows for the implementation of the PD51U - the Disclosure Pilot Scheme on complex matters.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Ms. Albertson spent six years at Simmons & Simmons, as Head of eDiscovery Solutions, where she built one of the most creative and technologically-advanced eDiscovery departments in the U.K.
- Ms. Albertson has driven many complex e-discovery engagements over the last decade, including:
- Led the TAR project in a case that resulted in a landmark judgement as the first in which the High Court confirmed that approval was not required before using TAR.
- Developed a market-leading DSAR Toolkit that enabled the quick identification, analysis and redaction of personal information, which was nominated for a Relativity Innovation Award in 2019.
- Led one of the largest LIBOR due diligence exercises for a global bank and developed custom due diligence, contract review and remediation technology and workflows in Relativity.
- Pushed the boundaries of image recognition technology on the a landmark construction dispute.
T: +44 79 7729 7455
London EC1A 4HD
Data & Analytics