Greg Hallahan is the Head of Business Intelligence and Asset Tracing in North Asia. Greg has a significant amount of experience undertaking in-depth investigations using information obtained from open-source media and discreet inquiries.
Greg has been working in Asia for more than 20 years, dividing his time between Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Greg is an expert on several large, high-profile Asian multinational conglomerates and high-net-worth individuals. In addition, he is a regular speaker throughout the region on business intelligence, asset tracing, due diligence and investigation issues and has authored several articles on the same.
Greg started his career as an auditor with a global accountancy firm in the United Kingdom and has worked in Italy and the Czech Republic. He holds an M.A. in Psychology from Edinburgh University in Scotland. As well as his native English, he is conversant in Mandarin.
- Leading a wide variety of business intelligence, due diligence, ESG and corporate investigations, throughout Asia and globally; these engagements have stretched across a variety of industry sectors, in particular financial services, real estate, logistics, mining and manufacturing
- Conducting investigations including in relation to fraud, conflicts of interest, collusion, theft of intellectual property, sales of grey market products, mass defections of staff and email scams
- Managing complex assets tracing investigations in onshore and offshore jurisdictions around the world, typically in support of litigation
- Undertaking deep dives into the ownership structures and beneficial owners of entities identified as part of an investigation or forensic audit
- Preparing both corporate governance and compliance strategies to assist clients respond to UK Bribery Act, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and People’s Republic of China (“PRC”) regulations
T: +852 3768 4588
Level 35, Oxford House
979 King's Road, Quarry Bay
Hong Kong, China
Bribery & Corruption Investigations & Compliance
Corporate Fraud & Investigations
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
Global Risk & Investigations
Investigative Due Diligence