Guillermo Garau leads the Latin America (“Latam”) and Florida Transactions practice. Mr. Garau specializes in advising financial and strategic clients engaged in M&A and divestiture activity. He enjoys close to 20 years of accounting and corporate finance experience, and his expertise spans the entire deal spectrum including pre-deal strategy, valuation, due diligence, contract & negotiation support, separation and integration planning.
Mr. Garau has managed or served as a key member of cross-functional M&A teams in over 250 transactions and his deal related experience has a value range from $1 million to multi-billion-dollar transactions. He has assisted clients with projects in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, China, Switzerland, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico and Venezuela. His transaction experience extents multiple industries, amongst these: telecommunications, media, technology, real estate, hospitality, business services, consumer & retail, transportation & logistics, financial services and transaction processing.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Garau was a Partner in the Advisory practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers (“PwC”). He co-led PwC’s Deals Latam financial due diligence practice and led PwC’s Mexico Deals divestiture platform. Mr. Garau is fully bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Led the financial due diligence for a lender in their financing of an ophthalmology roll up in the U.S.
- Led the financial due diligence for the contemplated acquisition of a hospice care business in the U.S.
- Led the financial due diligence for a lender in their evaluation of a financing for a dental practice business
- Led the sell side due diligence for the contemplated divestiture of an acute care, medical practices and risk management business in the U.S.
- Led the financial due diligence for the acquisition of a dialysis and renal care business in the U.S.
- Led the financial due diligence for a lender in their financing of a managed care business in the U.S.
- Led the financial due diligence for the acquisition of a healthcare service provider in Mexico
- Led the sell side due diligence for a hospital business in Mexico
- Led the financial due diligence for a dental business in Mexico
Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
B.S., Accounting, Villanova University
M.B.A., Finance, Indiana University Bloomington
T: +1 305 510 7258
One Biscayne Tower
2 S. Biscayne Blvd., Suite 1850
Miami, FL 33131