Heath Gray specializes in advising public and private companies on large-scale transformations, turnarounds and transactions. Mr. Gray regularly serves in interim executive roles and as a senior advisor to management teams, boards of directors, special committees and private equity investors. He has extensive experience with complex international M&A and restructuring matters, crisis management and corporate governance.
Mr. Gray works with companies during periods of transformational change, rapid growth and financial distress. He has deep experience in leading operational and financial due-diligence, developing business plans and financial projections, managing cash flow and liquidity, and designing and implementing value creation and performance improvement initiatives, often in conjunction with financing, restructuring and M&A transactions.
Mr. Gray has advised companies on buy and sell-side M&A transactions, out-of-court financing and restructuring processes, bankruptcy cases, IPO readiness, takeover defense and shareholder activism, and served in crisis management roles for companies facing severe liquidity challenges, fraud allegations and investigations by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and the Department of Justice. He also has significant testimony experience as a financial advisor in formal restructuring proceedings.
Mr. Gray’s numerous interim management roles include recently serving as Deputy Chief Restructuring Officer of a leading independent advertising technology company, Chief Financial Officer of Outcome Health, Associate Chief Restructuring Officer for a global ad tech and digital media company and Interim Vice President of Finance for a venture-backed consumer technology company.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Gray worked at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz and Merrill Lynch.
- Media & Entertainment: VICE Media, Outcome Health, , Media General, Intersection Media, Reader’s Digest, THQ, Gannett, Sports Information Group
- Technology: AspenTech, MediaMath, Sizmek, Theranos, Canary Connect, Quirky / Wink, CPX Interactive, AVI-SPL, Answers
- Other: Garrett Motion, LATAM Airlines, Acosta, Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Caribbean Asset Holdings, Nextel International, Otelco
Awards & Recognition:
- 12th Annual Emerging Leaders Awards, Winner, M&A Advisor, 2021
- 14th Annual Turnaround Awards, Sec. 363 Sale of the Year, Sizmek sale of AdServer assets to Amazon, M&A Advisor, 2020
- 11th Annual Turnaround Awards, Distressed M&A Deal of the Year ($100 to $250m), Caribbean Asset Holdings, Inc. (“Innovative”), M&A Advisor, 2017
- 10th Annual Turnaround Awards, Restructuring Deal of the Year (>$1bn), NII Holdings, M&A Advisor, 2016
- 8th Annual Turnaround Atlas Awards, Turnaround of the Year (>$2.5bn), NII Holdings, Global M&A Network, 2016