Iain Gow is a Senior Managing Director in the Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment at FTI Consulting and is based in the Cayman Islands.
With more than 17 years of experience, Iain is an expert in restructuring and insolvency and is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Iain has been based in the Cayman Islands since 2010 and has worked on a variety of engagements including restructurings, liquidations and receiverships.
Iain has significant cross-border experience in restructuring and insolvency across a range of sectors including banking, real estate, the oil and gas industry and reinsurance.
Prior to relocating to the Cayman Islands, Iain spent five years at a leading restructuring and insolvency firm in the United Kingdom.
As a component of his LL.B. at the University of Glasgow, Iain studied Spanish language and has applied his Spanish language skills to several different cases. His integrated communication skills have been paramount in obtaining consistent favourable results for stakeholders throughout his career.
- Led team on the solvent wind-down of a fund with agricultural assets in South America
- Management of the provisional liquidation and scheme of arrangement of LDK Solar Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of solar products, during its financial restructuring
- Oversaw voluntary liquidation of a feeder fund invested into a structure facing cross-border issues whose ultimate parent was in Chapter 11 in the U.S.
- Assisted a court-appointed inspector in relation to review of a company’s books and records after forgery of documents alleged by stakeholders
- Liquidator on solvent wind-down of a technology-focused fund with multiple portfolio companies
- Joint receiver of a hotel and resort located in Cayman Islands
- Joint official liquidator of CAMAC International Limited, which managed assets across multiple jurisdictions and obtained Chapter 15 recognition in the U.S.
- Joint official liquidator of Scottish Re Group Limited, a holding company for reinsurance business regulated in the Cayman Islands, Delaware and Ireland
- Joint official liquidator of Trade and Commerce Bank, a bank serving customers throughout South America and liabilities in excess of USD300 million
- Led a team modeling complex settlement calculations on behalf of a feeder fund in the British Virgin Islands litigating against the U.S. Receiver of the Bernard Madoff fund
- Led a team on Oriente Group Limited, the first restructuring officer appointment in the Cayman Islands
- Led a team assisting joint receivers charged with safeguarding fund assets as a result of ongoing legal proceedings in Cayman Islands, Hong Kong and Nevis
T: +1 345 743 6849
Suite 3212, 53 Market Street
Grand Cayman KY1-1203
Asset Tracing & Recovery
Restructuring / Turnaround Services