James Rogers is an experienced real estate professional with more than 25 years of corporate real estate industry involvement. He has undertaken roles across a broad range of transactional, operational and management fields. Additionally, James has developed extensive expertise and capabilities in portfolio, asset and property management, acquisition and disposal, leasing and property valuation.
Having commenced his real estate career as a valuer, James moved into real estate investment management working for a number of well-known Australian companies to oversee investment interests in a range of central business district (“CBD”), metropolitan and regional markets across a number of Australian states and territories. He was a senior member of the asset and portfolio management team for a major investment bank/REIT manager for more than 10 years where he was responsible for driving asset and portfolio performance for listed and unlisted commercial REITs through active management, including formulation, implementation and execution of a range of asset strategies. Prior to joining FTI Consulting, James led the state-based Asset Management Services division for a major real estate agency.
James’ broad experience coupled with his “hands-on” approach, enables him to capably support and provide practical advice to a wide range of stakeholders across a variety of real estate matters.
- Major investment bank/REIT manager – asset and portfolio management responsibilities for listed and unlisted commercial REITs, including asset leasing, acquisition and disposal, portfolio, asset and property management, consultant review, engagement and management
- Not-for-profit charity - orderly sell-down of a significant property portfolio, comprising a range of residential, commercial and community support facilities, some specialised in nature
- Resort property - divestment on behalf of scheme members, following voluntary wind-up of the scheme
- Range of bulky goods assets - management, repositioning and divestment
- Car yard portfolio - divestment
- Range of industrial assets - management, repositioning and divestment
- Significant development site portfolio - oversight of various remediation works and management of divestment