Jason He is a legal technology expert with more than 10 years of experience in bureau, regulatory body, corporate and law firm roles. Jason’s expertise includes e-discovery, advanced voice analytics, surveillance and monitoring and sensitive data remediation.
Jason supports various corporate and government clients in collecting, processing and reviewing high volumes of data in preparation for legal and regulatory matters. This includes creating customised process workflows in preparation for royal commissions, regulatory responses and inquests, including the high-profile inquest into the Lindt Café Siege shootings.
Jason has extensive experience supporting call centre and compliance teams with analysing thousands of hours of voice recordings. His deep understanding of sentiment analysis and concept and topic modelling help him generate detailed reports and visual dashboards for clients to identify non-compliant behaviour.
Jason has also led regulatory responses relating to misconduct in the financial services sector and managed numerous “Orders for Papers” (Standing Order 52) requests for government bodies, producing documents within tight deadlines.
- Royal Commission Responses: Worked on various Royal Commissions involving the processing of data, review platform management, review and workflow setup and production of documents
- Lindt Café Siege Inquest: Represented New South Wales Police Force to assist with processing and producing documents and database and electronic courtroom setup; designed and executed the automated redaction and replacement of officer names to pseudonyms in all public reports and online documents
- Orders for Papers (Standing Order 52): Managed numerous Standing Order 52 (SO52) projects for government bodies; created customised workflows and produced documents; collected, processed, reviewed and produced 50 terabytes of data within three months for parliament; led a review with more than 100 users and one million documents within a two-month deadline
- Conduct Monitoring: Led regulatory response projects involving investigations into a financial services client relating to misconduct, non-compliance and customer complaints; leveraged analytics and workflows to minimise time spent by the legal team listening to calls and reviewing correspondence
- Sensitive Data Remediation: Designed entire workflow to facilitate data migrations for a corporate acquisition of a financial services client; this involved scanning for potentially sensitive data points (e.g., tax file numbers, credit card numbers, personal information and health records) from various sources and redacting the data before migration
- Voice Analytics: Analysed more than 10,000 hours of voice recordings from call centres and compliance teams, including transcribing voice-to-text, utilising advanced analytics and generating reports and visual dashboards to identify high-risk agents to clients