Jeff Hughes is a member of the Business Transformation practice with more than 15 years of experience. Mr. Hughes has extensive operational improvement expertise across an array of industries, having worked with several Fortune 500 companies both as an operating manager and as an external consultant.
Mr. Hughes’ breadth of expertise includes operational excellence, operating model design, organizational design, due diligence, software solution selection and implementation. His experience covers a wide range of industries and geographies, having delivered engagements in the financial services, logistics, retail, hi-tech, manufacturing (electronics, chemical, textile and plastics components), education, automotive and medical devices industries across North America, Europe and Asia.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Hughes was part of Capgemini Consulting, where he was the leader of the lean six sigma training initiative and supply chain capability. Prior to that, Mr. Hughes was part of Alvarez and Marsal’s Performance Improvement practice and began his career at UPS Supply Chain Solutions. Mr. Hughes is also a thought leader in the supply chain sector, having co-authored articles on this topic for Industry Week and SupplyChainBrain.
- Led a large and complex operational due diligence on behalf of a manufacturer of specialty chemicals which enabled their purchase of a publicly traded competitor
- Delivered a comprehensive cost reduction initiative at a manufacturer and distributor of educational products that identified more than $10 million in savings across stock keeping unit (“SKU”) and vendor rationalization, organizational design and sourcing initiatives
- Managed a cost reduction initiative at a leading American media and entertainment company which had significantly increased in size following the acquisition of a national network of radio stations, realized more than $5 million in additional savings above and beyond synergies identified as part of the initial merger integration strategy
- Identified $10 million in savings through strategic sourcing and operational efficiencies in a post carve-out environment at a global electronics manufacturer
- Led a cost reduction initiative looking to optimize a North American inbound supply chain network at a global Tier-1 supplier to the automotive industry that resulted in $9 million in savings