Jessica de Brignac is a seasoned expert in blockchain and digital asset advisory services, offering strategic guidance to corporate clients. Ms. de Brignac specializes in developing and implementing key blockchain strategies that can optimize business, and assessing and advising on digital asset technology and cryptocurrency. She has more than 20 years of experience in blockchain and digital assets advisory, e-discovery, technology project management and leading technology implementations.
An accomplished leader in digital asset investigation and advisory services, Ms. de Brignac has a wealth of experience in managing complex cases and providing strategic guidance. She has notably led teams supporting a high-profile crypto exchange bankruptcy, landmark NFT IP litigation, due diligence assessments for acquisitions involving crypto companies, and investigations of digital assets.
In addition to Ms. de Brignac's expertise in blockchain and digital asset advisory, Ms. de Brignac leads large-scale engagements for global corporations and top law firms in the realm of e-discovery and data governance. Her extensive experience spans complex litigation, class actions, Hart-Scott-Rodino Act (“HSR”) second requests, bankruptcy, SEC investigations and federal investigations across various industries.
- Led a team providing digital asset investigation and advisory services in support of the Unsecured Creditors Council (“UCC”) on a prominent and highly complex crypto exchange bankruptcy; provided guidance involving digital assets monetization, custody solutions, transaction tracing and investigation
- Engaged by a transportation logistics company to implement a blockchain solution for tracking hazardous material classification information; effort included future state design, blockchain solution design and implementation
- Completed a technical assessment of a cryptocurrency exchange in anticipation of acquisition by FTI Consulting’s client, leading the compliance assessment
- Provided consulting and research in support of an IP and copyright infringement matter involving NFTs of collectibles
- Provided consulting and research in support of a dispute related to the launch of a cryptocurrency token and the impact of the governance defined in the underlying smart contract in relation to a multimillion-dollar dispute
- Provided consulting and research in support of a dispute related to the ability to retrieve tokens after the transfer of an unsupported token to a cryptocurrency exchange
- Benchmarked security protocols of leading cryptocurrency exchanges for a comparison analysis and assessment