Joe Suh specializes in providing valuation and advisory services across a broad range of property types located in the United States and internationally. He has over 20 years of broad-based real estate advisory experience with leading U.S. real estate investors.
Mr. Suh has led acquisition due diligence for investment grade real estate assets, including the presentation of key quantitative and qualitative data points to institutional clients.
Mr. Suh has been involved with high profile bankruptcies and was integral in the successful settlement of financial assets that were pledged as part of the repurchase agreement to settle deficiency claims against the bankrupt estate. He has successfully developed a proprietary method for valuing large portfolios of real estate assets used for acquisition underwriting, litigation, financial reporting, bankruptcy related filings and initial public offerings. His other responsibilities include preparation of purchase price allocations (ASC 805) for stand-alone trophy properties and large portfolios and the oversight of third-party appraisal reviews for financial reporting purposes.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Suh was a Manager in PricewaterhouseCoopers' ("PwC") Real Estate Advisory Group, where his chief responsibilities entailed assessing, implementing and managing the valuation processes for over $25 billion in real estate assets in various funds for several institutional clients. Based on an analysis of key valuation metrics, Mr. Suh was instrumental in providing individual property and overall fund level strategic advice and in the underwriting of an equity transaction of a regional mall portfolio. Additional experience at PwC includes property and portfolio level appraisals for investment grade core property types located throughout the United States.
- Appraisal management and review services for a portfolio of office properties valued at more than $1 billion
- Valuation and advisory services for a 30+ regional mall portfolio to provide expert witness testimony related to a shareholder lawsuit
- Valuation of more than 180 properties, which consisted of shopping centers comprising nearly 20 million square feet, projects in development/redevelopment, non-retail properties and land for financial reporting purposes
- Valuation of a portfolio which included various asset types (office, industrial and hotel) totaling nearly 7 million square feet for financial reporting purposes
- Purchase price allocation (ASC 805) of a multi-and single-family portfolio acquisition for $140 million
Awards & Recognition:
- Honored Biographical Listee, Marquis Who's Who (2023)