John Debus is a strategic, analytical and operationally focused senior executive with more than 30 years of experience, including in the start-up, turnaround, organizational restructuring and operation of various companies. Mr. Debus has held senior-level officer positions in both public and private companies. Further, he has proven financial leadership and management skills with companies ranging in value from several million to more than $3 billion.
Mr. Debus provides a complete range of interim management, financial consulting, management and advisory services, principally to telecom, technology, retail, manufacturing and media companies. He specializes in interim and crisis management, turnaround consulting, bankruptcy debtor advisory, operating due diligence, credit advisory and financial and operational restructuring.
Mr. Debus has held both full-time and interim management roles, including chief financial officer, associate restructuring officer, treasurer, vice president and controller and served as advisor to creditors or other parties in interest in numerous restructuring and bankruptcy engagements.
Mr. Debus has advised on organizational structure and process engineering focused on peer benchmarking, organization design, merger integration and consolidation of decentralized organizations. He has also provided advice regarding litigation matters, including document review, research and deposition support for expert witness testimony and reports.
Mr. Debus held CFO/Restructuring roles in the following companies: BAI Connect, Goodman Networks, Digital Domain Media, Sage Telecom, Circuit of the Americas, Wine.com, Boundless Motorsports and Racing/DIRT Motorsports.
- Select interim management engagements include Goodman Networks, Circuit of the Americas, Digital Domain Media Group, Sage Telecom, Pacific Crossing and Wine.com.
- Select advisory engagements include Level 3 Communications, EarthLink, Midway Games, Hawaiian Telcom Communications, NewComm Wireless, PRWireless, One Communications, Broadview Communications, Primus Telecommunications, Cox Media Group, Gatehouse Media, Houston Chronicle, Advance Central Services and Lee Enterprises
- Worked on transactions including an initial public offering, 10 senior debt financings, two secondary offerings and a private equity offering that raised more than $2.5 billion
- Managed the successful completion and integration of 15 separate acquisitions, worked on various diligence, purchase, sale and spin-off transactions and has directly managed a $1.5 billion investment portfolio
- Managed functional and administrative aspects of companies, including accounting, finance, treasury, SEC reporting, risk management, regulatory & tax, human resources and information technology