John Ellison is a Senior Managing Director at FTI Consulting. He is a member of the Economic and Financial Consulting practice and is based in London.
John has 25 years of experience as a partner at KPMG, latterly as a senior partner and for 13 years was chairman of its forensic accounting department. He has testified orally as an expert witness on over 50 occasions in 11 jurisdictions, including Hong Kong and Singapore. He has been instructed in over 200 cases, including some 25 investor-state disputes.
John also sits as an arbitrator and an independent expert to determine disputes, particularly those arising from sale and purchase agreements. He has been nominated as an arbitrator under the auspices of:
- the London Court of International Arbitration,
- the American Arbitration Association,
- the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce;
- DIFC / LCIA in Dubai; and
- the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
These have included appointments as chair of a 3-person tribunal in Cayman (sitting with The Honorable Andrew Jones QC and Michael Brindle QC), and as sole arbitrator for the LCIA in a case concerning minority shareholding valuation.