JP Eldred specializes in insolvency litigation and recovery actions, bankruptcy administration services and project management. Mr. Eldred brings more than 25 years of experience working in complicated distressed situations, commercial litigation matters, forensic investigations, M&A due diligence, process improvement and staff augmentation.
Mr. Eldred provides financial analysis to bankrupt or troubled entities, lenders and unsecured creditors including operations and cash management, asset liquidation, debt restructuring, asset recovery, solvency analysis, claims analysis and business valuations. He prepares and/or reviews Plans of Reorganization and Disclosure Statements, liquidation analyses, cash flow projections, Bankruptcy Schedules and Statements of Financial Affairs, preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances.
Mr. Eldred assists counsel in litigation matters, from the discovery phase through damage analysis and trial preparation. His work includes forensic and financial analyses to quantify damages related to breach of contract and lost profits and other recoveries, and which often culminates in expert reports.
Over the course of Mr. Eldred’s career, his clients have included financial institutions and securities firms, private and public companies, Chapter 11 and 7 debtors and their counsel, trustees and governmental agencies. He has industry expertise in financial institutions, government, manufacturing, retail and telecommunications.
Prior to FTI Consulting, Mr. Eldred was a Director at Protiviti Inc.
- Confidential Top 30 Bank: Development of a downturn playbook for credit card collections, drive program playbook implementation, COVID-19 tactical response and other strategic transformation initiatives
- Nine West: Financial and litigation services to the Chapter 11 creditors’ committee
- MF Global: Financial analysis and litigation services to the Trustee of this $42 billion commodities broker
- Linens ‘n Things: Financial analysis and litigation services to the Chapter 11 debtor and subsequently Chapter 7 Trustee for this $2 billion textile retailer
- Wachovia Securities: Project management of investigation and remediation of a wide range of mutual fund trading issues
- Bank of America: Project management of data discovery services in an SEC compliance action related to a failed $4 billion hedge fund transaction
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality: Project management of petroleum storage tank claims processing program
- Pennsylvania Medical Professional Liability Catastrophe Loss Fund: Process audit services of internal system processes and procedures used to collect and process $300 million in annual surcharges
- Year 2000 Compliance Audits – Project management of information systems audit for Year 2000 readiness at various health insurance companies throughout the U.S.