Karim Bassil has more than 15 years of strategy consulting experience specializing in government and economic development with a particular focus on tourism, culture, nature, sports and regional development. Mr. Bassil is a seasoned advisor to some of the largest ministries, authorities and corporations playing a central role in shaping major socioeconomic agendas in the Middle East and North Africa ("MENA") region and supporting its transformation efforts.
Mr. Bassil has been supporting tourism, culture, sports ministries and authorities, the center of government, regional development authorities and nature reserves in their most strategic matters, including national and sectoral strategies development, entity-level strategy development, operating model design and transformations, feasibility studies and concepts, socioeconomic impact assessments as well as implementation support.
Mr. Bassil previously worked in Kearney as part of the firm’s government and economic development practice and at Booz & Company within the public sector practice.
- Developed national sectoral strategies for multiple Gulf Cooperation Councils (“GCC”) countries including national tourism strategy, go-to-market tourism strategy for tourists by source markets, national meetings, incentives, conferences & exhibitions (“MICE”) strategy, national libraries sector strategy, national community and hobby clubs’ strategy and entertainment development strategy
- Developed the regional development strategy for a number of GCC provinces and an economic revitalization plan for a MENA country
- Developed the strategy, concept, masterplan and management plan for a number of nature reserves and parks and supported their activation
- Developed the concept and strategy for a number of hubs including a heritage creative hub, a national culture-themed hub, a coastal tourism zone and a large-scale real estate development
- Conducted multiple socio-economic impact assessments including for a multi-billion $ investment in the arts & culture sector
- Developed the governance and operating model and supported transformation efforts for a number of entities including a GCC Ministry of Culture, a tourism authority, a regional development authority and a culture commission
- Developed strategy for a national film academy and theatre academy, the tourism human capital strategy for a GCC country and the industry learning strategy for a mega-project media hub
T: +97 145 125 997
Unit C1501, East Side of Level 15 Level, Burj Daman
Dubai International Financial Center
PO Box 507126
United Arab Emirates
Strategic Planning and Implementation
Strategy Consulting & Research