Luciano Lindemann specializes in serving in financial advisory, interim management and fundraising advisory roles for companies undergoing turnaround and expansion processes in different regions of Latin America such as Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile and Panama. Mr. Lindemann has close to 20 years of experience working on treasury and corporate finance.
As an expert in finance management in times of financial crisis, Mr. Lindemann has served as Chief Restructuring Officer and interim Chief Financial Officer for different industries, such as healthcare, consumer goods, airlines, oil and gas (“O&G”) and education. He also assisted companies with debt restructuring, fundraising, treasury management and merger and acquisition advisory for different industries, such as hospitality, logistics, clean energy, heavy industry and fintech.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Lindemann developed his career at Votorantim Cimentos, the world’s fifth largest cement producer, where he served first on the Financial Risk Management team. In this role, he prepared the company for an IPO, including the creation of corporate governances, financial and accounting structuring, internal transfer pricing policy and SOX certification. He became the company’s Global Treasurer and was responsible for global cash management, fundraising, financial planning and insurance management, including the newly acquired units in European, Asian and African markets, in addition to the existing operations in South and North America.
Before Votorantim, Mr. Lindemann served as a Financial Controller at Unilever, worked in the sales planning team of Citibank and was part of a global FP&A team for software development business at Dell, Inc., where he was responsible for the management of a global annual budget of USD$1 billion and was responsible for the fixed asset management for Dell Canada, developing accounting skills in U.S. GAAP and IFRS. Mr. Lindemann also worked in the Treasury/Internal Controls team at Delphi Automotive Systems, where he worked at a Brazilian unit, which had been integrated into a General Motors plant, and was responsible for local treasury activities and worked on the SOX certification.
- Chief Restructuring Officer engagements include Wow Nutrition (consumer goods); Unimed (healthcare); and Ilumno (education).
- Debt restructuring engagements include Cimentos Tupi (cement producer); Ultrapetrol (logistics); Paranapanema (mining); and Ulbra (education).
- Treasury management/ monitoring advisory engagements include Máquina de Vendas (retail); Ilumno (education); Viva Air (aviation); and Wirecard (fintech).
- M&A advisory engagements include Wirecard (fintech); sugar and ethanol industry company (confidential); and Ulbra (education).
- Interim management engagements include Polarcus (O&G); and Ulbra (education).
- Fundraising advisory experience includes confidential engagements in the logistics and hospitality industries.
- Other engagements include Robert Shaw (engineering), wind-down of Brazil operations; ERB (bioenergy), due diligence; Polarcus (oil & gas), interim management and orderly wind-down (ongoing); Dommo Energia (oil & gas), financial advisor to the shareholders; and Nas Nuvens (music), capital advisory/sell-side advisory.
T: +55 11 3165 4535
Av. Presidente Juscelino Kubitschek, 1327 – 3º andar
Condomínio Edifício Internacional Plaza II
São Paulo SP 04543-011
Restructuring / Turnaround Services