Mark Dunec develops strategic real estate operating and capital markets solutions for both domestic and international clients. Mr. Dunec has more than 20 years of experience in the real estate industry, specializing in underwriting pro forma cash flow, valuation, acquisition due diligence, financing, recapitalization, and asset and entity restructuring and repositioning.
Mr. Dunec has worked on complex real estate advisory projects across the United States, as well as in the Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, Croatia, England, Ireland, Panama and the United Arab Emirates. Throughout his career, Mr. Dunec has created and maintained pro forma cash flow models, calculated various sensitivity analyses, determined the profitability of investments and assisted with the management of the entitlement, closing and due diligence processes. He has in-depth experience across all types of commercial and special use properties, with a particular emphasis on hospitality, healthcare and development properties.
Mr. Dunec also has extensive experience encompassing the life cycle of tax liens. He has been involved in the purchasing, managing and redemptions of tax lien portfolios.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Dunec was a Financial Analyst in Lend Lease's Project Finance group, where he led the underwriting efforts for acquisitions and developments totaling over $500 million. Mr. Dunec was also a Real Estate Analyst for Shurgard Storage Centers, a self-storage REIT, prior to the acquisition by Public Storage, where he was responsible for over $70 million of acquisition and re-development capital of the company's portfolio. Mr. Dunec began his career as an Associate in KPMG's Compensation & Benefits Practice, specializing in executive compensation and the calculation of golden parachutes.
In addition to providing valuation, litigation support and expert testimony, Mr. Dunec teaches graduate real estate courses as an adjunct professor at the University of Miami.
- 10839 Associates et. al., v. Second 485 Associates et. al., Supreme Court of the State of New York County of New York, Index No. 655874/2020
- Catellus Fiber Options, LLC v. Centurylink Communications, LLC, American Arbitration Association, No: 01-22-0002-7979
- City Colleges of Chicago vs. Moody Nolan, Inc., et al., Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois County Department, Law Division, Case No. 2019 L 14185
- State of Arizona, ex rel. Mark Brnovich, Attorney General vs. Arizona Board of Regents, Arizona Superior Court, Arizona Tax Court No. TX2019-000011
- 333 Johnson LLC vs. Maple 333 Johnson Member, LLC et al., Supreme Court of the State of New York County of New York, Index No. 657307/2020
- Brickchurch Enterprises, Inc. Debtor. United States Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of New York, Chapter 11, Case No. 8-22-70914-ast
- 255 Butler Associates LLC vs. 255 Butler LLC et al., Supreme Court of the State of New York County of Kings, Index No. 511560/2015
- PPI Talent LLC vs. W Artists LLC et al., JAMS Arbitration No.: 1425036279
- 96 Wythe Acquisition LLC, Debtor. United States Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York, Chapter 11, Case No. 21-22108 (RDD)
- Fisher Auto Parts, Inc., et al. vs. Fisher, et al., Virginia: The Circuit Court of Augusta County, Case No. CL19002154-00
- GVS Portfolio I B LLC, V. Teachers Insurance Annuity Association of America, Supreme Court of New York County of New York, Case No. Index No. 654095/2020
- Huntington Way Associates, LLC and RRI Associates, LLC and WB-US Enterprises, Inc. Case No. 01-20-0015-3929
- Phillip Wiskow vs. Helen Zanetakos, Superior Court of New Jersey, County of Morris, Docket No.: FM-14-001316-08-A
- Atlas MF Mezzanine Borrower, LLC vs. Macquarie Texas Loan Holder, LLC, KKR REPA AIV-2, LP, and KRE LRP Osprey Venture, LLC, Superior Court of the State of New York County of New York, Index No. 651657/2017
- RCHF, LLC et al. vs. Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp et al., In The United State District Court, District of Colorado, Civil Action No.: 1:16-cv-01301-PAB-GBG
- Bank of America, N.A. vs. Stonestreet Hospitality Realty Company, LLC, Superior Court Judicial District of New London at New London, Docket Nos.: KNL-CV-16-6026981-S
T: +1 973 852 8241
M: +1 347 407 4272
56 Livingston Avenue
Roseland, NJ 07068
Commercial Damages Analysis
Litigation Support & Consulting Services