Mark Murphy has over 15 years of experience advising strategic and financial buyers with buy-side and sell-side due diligence; transition planning; carve-outs and carve-ins; business plan reviews; financial modeling; and restructuring and turnaround activities.
Mr. Murphy has provided advisory services in a broad range of industries, including financial technology; media and entertainment; healthcare; food and agriculture; financial services; consumer products; information technology; energy; manufacturing; and retail industries on deals ranging from $10 million to $2.8 billion.
Mr. Murphy has also worked with lenders and debtors in distressed situations to evaluate forecasting tools and reasonableness of critical assumptions driving working capital and liquidity.
Previously, Mr. Murphy was an advisory board member to an end-to-end provider of clean intelligent power solutions for mobile network providers in the Middle East and Africa. Mr. Murphy helped guide the company through an acquisition by a large Indian telecom provider in 2015.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Murphy worked in corporate finance for the Liberty Mutual Group.
- Served as financial advisor to a multi-national consumer financial services company to build tools used to project, monitor and manage weekly cash flows and prepare the business for recapitalization
- Led the financial and tax diligence for Far Point’s $2.6 billion merger/acquisition of Global Blue, a multi-national fintech business processing VAT returns around the globe
- Buy-side due diligence on a $1 billion global fruit producer with operations in U.S., Africa, Latin America and Europe
- Buy-side due and operational due diligence for a large ethanol and gluten manufacturer in the Mid-West
- Business plan review and liquidity analysis in support of a debt restructuring and eventual Chapter 11 Reorganization for Joerns Healthcare, LLC - winner of the 2019 turnaround deal of the year by M&A Advisor
- Led the financial diligence for the merger of Catholic Health Initiatives and Dignity Health, which was one of the largest healthcare transactions in 2018 (both entities exceeded $13 billion in revenue)
Advisory Board Member, Clean Power Systems
B.A., Finance, Northeastern University
M.B.A., F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business, Babson College
T: +1 617 747 1788
200 State Street
Boston, MA 02109
Business Plan Review
Financial Due Diligence
Financial Planning & Analysis