Meru Kapadia is a member of the Office of the CFO Solutions practice and specializes in providing finance and accounting function strategies, treasury services and finance technology solutions. Mr. Kapadia has more than 12 years of experience supporting various CFO functions. He has provided solutions to both public and private companies in many industries including, but not limited to, aerospace, automotive, hospitality, life sciences and various manufacturing organizations.
Mr. Kapadia has led, supported and provided subject matter expertise (“SME”) services on numerous finance and accounting improvement engagements. His engagements include finance and accounting functional assessments to determine functional maturity and improvement areas, finance technology health checks and implementations including in a project management capacity, complex financial models (inclusive of three statement financial model and cash flow models), development of treasury targeting operating models and investments strategies, financial reporting improvements and accounting process optimizations.
Prior to joining FTI Consulting, Mr. Muhek was the General Manager and Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) for the Canadian operations of a global hospitality chain.
- Led development/optimization of a 13-week cash forecast and monthly financial reporting model hospital organization
- Supported treasurer of a multibillion-dollar automotive organization on development of targeting operating model, organization structure and investment policies
- Provided end-to-end project management, led vendor negotiations, developed business blueprint and on-boarded systems integration (“SI”) partner for implementation of FP&A/enterprise performance management (“EPM”) tool (Oracle Planning Cloud); additionally, developed Oracle enterprise resource planning (“ERP”) cloud-based financial reporting and developed system-based approval matrix
- Improved accounting processes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) (e.g. account reconciliations, amortization schedules and closing process improvement) for an equipment rental corporation and served as an interim PMO during transition of lift and shift operation of accounting team
- Led a cash controls assessment including development of an execution plan for improved finance and accounting (“F&A”) processes for an HVAC organization
T: +1 832 857 1585
1301 McKinney Street
Houston, TX 77010
Office of the CFO Solutions