Miriam Wrobel leads FTI Consulting’s global Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) practice, representing more than 250 professionals across FTI’s business segments focused on supporting clients across their ESG programs. Ms. Wrobel advises public and private companies and a wide range of investors on ESG evaluation, strategy, and implementation efforts, leveraging her 20 years of transactional and strategic experience and deep background in the energy transition to support the development and execution of multi-pronged ESG and sustainability programs.
Ms. Wrobel has advised public and private companies, as well as universities and local and state governments on ESG and energy transition matters. She specializes in the strategic evaluation of ESG initiatives utilizing a financial lens, incorporating rigorous financial analysis to help clients execute ESG initiatives that drive revenue growth, cost savings, and cost-effective risk mitigation.
Ms. Wrobel has extensive experience in clean energy and sustainability finance, having led, advised, or participated in hundreds of transactions in renewable energy and energy efficiency. She has experience in novel financial structures including municipal pre-pay power purchase agreements, energy services agreements for energy efficiency, green bank loans, and green bonds.
Prior to her consulting career, Ms. Wrobel was the clean energy product specialist within Citigroup’s Municipal Securities Division, advising traders, investment bankers and their clients on renewable energy investments. In this role, she evaluated all renewable energy transactions within the division and led due diligence and negotiation of investments in wind, solar, and energy efficiency projects.
Ms. Wrobel holds a B.A. in Political Science from Stanford University and an M.B.A. in Finance and Real Estate from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Led team of 40+ in calculating Scope 1-3 emissions and developing emissions reduction roadmaps for 30 portfolio companies across a large private equity fund.
- Developed an ESG strategic roadmap for a privately-held renewable energy company.
- Developed an ESG disclosure strategy for a national bank with a growing renewable energy loan portfolio.
- Led M&A due diligence for a major private equity fund evaluating a biofuels acquisition.
- Established project financing capacity at a national energy services company, resulting in market positioning that drove ~$1 billion of incremental revenue.
- Advised the President and CFO of the 10-campus University of California system on energy project financing strategy in a severely debt-constrained environment.
- Advised UC Berkeley on evaluating P3, bond and ESG investor-driven financing solutions for a $400 million campus energy upgrade.
- Assisted two state Green Banks (California and Hawaii) with development of lending platform and guidelines to stimulate effective use of public revolving loan funds.
T: +1 415 690 9537
50 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
Strategy Consulting & Research