Nick Athanasi is a seasoned expert in forensic technology, complex litigation and regulatory investigations. From the firm’s Dubai office, he leads the Technology segment across Europe, the Middle East, India, and Africa. He has more than 30 years of experience in technology consulting, e-discovery, forensic investigations and executive leadership.
Nick has led teams on many of EMEIA’s largest and most complex litigations and regulatory investigations. He has held leadership and founding roles at numerous consulting firms, including serving as partner and Middle East leader at Deloitte Forensic Technology.
Nick was also part of the leadership team that formed and grew FTI Consulting’s Technology segment in EMEIA from its inception in the U.K., through significant growth and expansion throughout the region.
Nick brings significant domain expertise in financial services (OFAC, LIBOR), pharmaceutical, transport, energy and technology sectors. His practice has spanned high-profile matters throughout the EMEIA region, in key areas including litigation, regulatory matters, security breaches and data privacy compliance.
- Led e-discovery workstreams in relation to a multi-billion dollar tax fraud litigation in the U.K., U.S. and Middle East.
- Oversaw all aspects of U.K. litigation for a multi-jurisdictional investigation for a manufacturing client, over a multi-year period, involving onsite collection and review of more than 4,000 custodians, 3,500 business applications and 300 million documents.
- Provided strategic advice and led an OFAC compliance investigation of more than 1.3 billion records of financial data across 13 countries and a team of more than 600 reviewers.
- Led a global team of experts to conduct a large-scale complex data remediation, in a contentious trade secrets dispute between two Middle East-based multi-national organisations, in the pharmaceutical and health care industry.
- Headed a massive data discovery, preservation, and remediation exercise for intellectual property and confidential information across the entirety of the clients IT systems, databases, email environment, servers, file shares, applications, archives, and paper records, covering more than 10 locations in five countries and more than 1,200 data sources.
T: +971 58 661 8957
Computer Forensics & Investigations
E-discovery Software & Services
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)